93% of companies have inadequate replacement Strength for critical positions at levels under CEO
Research also indicates that 65% of companies are more concerned about the retention of critical skills and top performers now than they were before the economic crisis.
Let’s first focus on what you do have. You see, so much talent is already on your pay-roll. You hired this talent but chances are it is not being maximized. Investing in understanding it better and how to use it most effectively is a must.
Remember research shows that only 17% are using our Strengths each day at work.**
Fully understanding the talent you have in your organization is critical. It can take years to figure it out, wasting opportunities for your organization in many areas. For example:
- An employee who’s Strengths aren’t appreciated can easily become dis-engaged and leave.
- When promoting an employee to an important management position can you be sure you are promoting the right person? Do you know enough to make the best choice?
- You can even get so busy doing “stuff” yourself that even your own talent goes un-tapped.
Here are some solutions:
- Build a concise plan of action that incorporates a quantifiable assessment that will build bench Strength within your organization.
- Decide what you believe and need. What senior management believes and acts on will be trickled down through the organization.
- Know how to use these discovered Strengths today as well as for future promotions.
Sources: * Linkage ** TMBC
Recent Posts You Might Like…