Pennsylvania, New Jersey
Top 5 Strengths
Shawn is all about coaching people to achieve their “ideal self”. He is a highly accomplished Biotech/Pharma executive with over 25 years of experience coaching and leading sales, marketing, trade, business development. He has also managed markets teams at Fortune 500 companies, such as Bristol Myers Squibb, Sanofi, and Novo Nordisk, as well building successful biotech start-up INSYS Therapeutics Inc. In his various leadership roles, Shawn has developed and coached dozens of talented people who have since advanced to become Directors, Senior Directors, VPs, SVPs, GMs, and Presidents or owners of small companies. He has completed the ACTP /ICF “Hudson Institute of Coaching” Santa Barbara certification. In addition, Shawn has completed the Vistage International CEO/President coach training program, is a “Certified Professional Behavior Analyst” (DISC), is a Certified Bates ExPI Partner/Coach. The Bates ExPI is the only scientifically validated assessment for achieving executive presence and leadership that generates results.
Coaching individuals for the “changes” desired for improving their leadership, collaboration, team performance, communication, executive presence and/or interpersonal skills. In addition, Shawn’s passion includes team coaching for leaders who desire to take their teams to the next level of performance and leadership development for strategy, building trust, collaboration, conflict management, delegation and empowerment, facilitating issue resolution, and problem solving.
During his coaching tenure, Shawn gained experience and has a passion for coaching individuals and teams for the “changes” desired for improving their leadership, collaboration, team performance, executive presence, and interpersonal skills including coaching people adjusting to roles of greater, lesser, or different responsibilities. Examples include:
- Coaching Leaders in Transition: To maximize their first 100 days in their role. Examples include the lab to commercial, sales to marketing, finance to marketing (etc.), new to the company, transfers from around the world to the U.S., big promotion and an increase in the span of control.
- Coaching Leaders with “Sharp Elbows”: Growing Interpersonal skills, EQ, and productive engagement/collaboration.
- Team Coaching: working with leaders and their teams using StrengthsFinder, Trimetrix-EQ (DISC/Motivators/EQ) and Patrick Lencioni’s “Five Dysfunctions of a Team” for building trust, commitment, accountability, and results.
- Developing Executive Presence: With a focus on improving his or her interpersonal skills, presentation skills, owning the room and improving relationships.
- ICF accredited “Hudson Institute of Coaching” Santa Barbara certification.
- Vistage International coaching program for leading private CEO/President advisory boards.
- Certified Professional Behavior Analyst (DISC®)
- Certified Bates Executive Presence Partner/Coach
- AHIP’s Executive Leadership Program
- Executive Development Programs at the University of Michigan Business School, The Massachusetts Institute of Technology, University of Michigan Business School, Kellogg University, Wharton, and the University of Southern California.
- Uses 360s, CliftonStrengths®, and MBTI® as evaluation tools
- BS in Chemistry and Biology from SUNY at Fredonia
Boeing Aerospace and Defense, Kubota, Cardinal Health, Novartis, Capital Health, West -Ward Pharm, Saint Mary Hospital, Ferring, Drug Scan, Prudential, Sunovion, and nonprofits (Bucks County Health Improvement).
“Shawn was my Executive Coach over the course of 2019 and he was absolutely wonderful to work with. He listened, asked thought provoking questions, and provided me with a strong framework from which to work on key focus areas. I appreciated his excellent insights and unique perspective from his experience as a senior executive. Working with Shawn has made a significant difference in the evolution of my leadership approach and has positioned me for growth within my company. I would highly recommend Shawn as an Executive Coach for anyone looking to advance their career and leadership style.”
-Tracy Camarata, Director, Enrollment Strategy at Guardian Life
“I wanted to take a moment and express my highest regard and referral of Shawn as an executive coach. I had the good fortune under my Novartis leadership development to have been given the 6 month opportunity to work with Shawn during my Pharma product launch of Beovu. He simply made me better and took great care over the 6 months to work so closely with me and my stakeholders. He was present during my colleague meetings, town halls, WebEx, staff meetings, and several 1-1 hours of intense coaching, development and feedback. I am grateful to say that he helped me personally make our launch the greatest success to date!! Hire him and you will not regret it!”
-Greg DiPasquale, VP, Head of Sales , Retina, Novartis Ophthalmology Franchise
“About a year ago, I was fortunate enough to be sponsored for a coach by my company. I had the opportunity to interview multiple coaches and specifically selected Shawn for three main reasons: 1) we established a fantastic rapport immediately; 2) his executive healthcare experience stood apart from the crowd; 3) psychology and neuroscience are at the foundation of his coaching. Where I needed guidance and support was to build my personal courage, confidence, and executive voice at the table with senior leaders. The sessions I spent with Shawn were always extremely valuable, and his neuroscience teachings (SCARF!), in particular, truly helped me have an “a-ha” career moment and become the ‘master of my kingdom.'”
-Brendan Previte, Global Portfolio Director, Medical Products at Cardinal Health