Top 5 Strengths
Shannon M.A. has spent 25 years helping people thrive in their professional lives. She specializes in supporting leaders to optimize emotional intelligence competencies for more effective self-awareness, and self-management which leads to more effective communication and leadership with their teams.
Shannon is a Board Certified Coach (ICF approved program) and National Certified Counselor. She became an executive coach to support leaders in tapping into their own inner resources to better navigate the complexities of organizational life. Her background is in career and talent development, most recently supporting technical professionals, leaders and global teams at Qualcomm. During her tenure at Qualcomm, Shannon integrated emotional intelligence, strengths-based development, and positive psychology into her work with employees, leaders and their teams. As her clients’ careers progressed and they became people leaders, she increasingly found herself supporting their leadership development.
Shannon is a Strengths and Mindfulness expert. She uses Clifton StrengthsFinder® research, assessments and tools to help her clients identify their most authentic best approaches to situations and apply those talents more effectively at work (including scaling back on a strength overdone). She helps clients globally learn the value and application of Mindfulness at work to make better decisions and be more present and intentional in conversations they have. She teaches Mindful Leadership at UC San Diego Rady School of Management and UC Irvine. In addition, she is certified to offer the Search Inside Yourself curriculum (Google’s mindfulness program).
Shannon helps leaders leverage the practice of mindfulness to:
- Build self-awareness, resilience and the capacity to manage stress
- Improve focus, attention, performance
- Communicate and collaborate with empathy on project teams
- Increase objectivity and unbiased decision-making capacity
- Cultivate innovative, creative thinking
- EQi 2.0
- CPI 260
- MBSR Qualified Teacher at University of California San Diego for Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Adjunct Faculty at University of San Diego School of Leadership and Education Sciences for “Career Development Across the Lifespan”
- Instructor at the University of California, San Diego – Rady School of Management, co-teaching Mindful Leadership through Executive Education for working professionals and people leaders.
- Instructor at the University of California, Irvine Division of Continuing Education with “Mindfulness-Based Strategies in Business” webinar.
eBay, PayPal, Qualcomm, Kaiser Permanente, The Centre for Organization Effectiveness, UCSD Rady School of Management, UCI Extension Business Programs, CSUSM Center for Innovation and Mentorship Building (CLIMB), SDSU, Arcturus Therapeutics, City of San Diego, and Welk Hospitality Group.
“Shannon is a great coach. She provided valuable feedback on my thought processes and execution. I literally transformed from an aggressive achiever who tries to solve the problems at all costs to a moderator who provides guidance for my people to solve the problems. My job is a lot easier and more peaceful.”
– Sr. Director Technology, Qualcomm