Top 5 Strengths
As an Executive Coach, Laurent is passionate about helping leaders strengthen their leadership effectiveness for greater impact. He works with clients to turn their challenges into growth opportunities and manage complexity in an ever-changing workplace. His coaching aims at helping them develop their own problem-solving strategies to achieve their goals.
Laurent is the former Global Head for Leadership Development for a global financial institution with offices in 140 countries. There he was responsible for supporting the leadership development of over 900 global leaders in a multicultural context. Prior to his coaching and HR career, Laurent led global teams and managed projects worth $50-500 million across 40 countries.
Laurent’s clients appreciate that he has up-close experience with the complex issues they face, strategies that work, and strategies that can get leaders and their teams stuck. Laurent specializes in:
- Leadership Coaching – Helping individual clients understand their “internal operating system” to better tackle their challenges, turn their talents into strengths and strengthen their leadership effectiveness for a greater impact on the people around them.
- Peer-Coaching Circle Facilitation – Using peer-coaching groups to uncover creative solutions for the participants’ most pressing challenges while strengthening key leadership skills.
- Interview Preparation – Preparing intentionally (content and mindset) for participation in assessment centers and job interviews.
- ACC, International Coaching Federation
- SHRM-SCP, Society for Human Resource Management
- Leadership Coaching certification, Georgetown University
- Gallup StrengthsFinder/CliftonStrengths®
- Leadership Circle Profile
- Collective Leadership Assessment
- Hogan Assessments
- Korn Ferry Interview Architect
- MA, Michigan State University’s College of Communication Arts and Sciences
- Maîtrise de Sciences de Gestion, Université Paris IX-Dauphine
Laurent’s clients are successful mid-level to C-suite level executives who want to strengthen their leadership effectiveness and operate at the next level or are newly promoted to a more complex leadership role and want to accelerate their transition.
Laurent’s coaching clients work at The World Bank, International Finance Corporation, International Monetary Fund, GE, World Health Organization, US Department of Justice, Barclays (UK-based bank), Washington DC Government, Johns Hopkins System, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, DC-based start-ups.
“Laurent’s coaching has been truly transformational at a critical juncture in my career and in my leadership role. At that time, I was leading a major change management/restructuring effort. Laurent’s coaching was highly effective. It was not about giving me advice, rather this was about helping me step back, reflect, explore different perspectives so that I could move into a deliberative decision-making mode. Sometimes he would use tools to help move our conversation deeper, some other times simple questions would take us there. He is very good at building trust and understands nuances and subtleties. I have also been using his coaching to prepare for tough conversations. This is particularly useful in helping me reframe how I approach those conversations and exploring different avenues. He also adds some breathing/power posing to help me get in the right mental space before these conversations. It is a very small thing, but it works for me and this gives me the sense that he approaches things more holistically and is invested in my success.”
– Abha J-G, Director, Global financial institution