Hyunjoo Sun, a Senior Executive Coach, is open and perceptive as she listens to her clients in order to build strong alliances. Hyunjoo’s background as an executive, along with her wealth of experience working in various industries, makes her particularly successful with senior-level managers and team leaders. She has coached in a variety of industry settings, including IT, legal, trading, research, education, construction, electronics, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, nonprofit and finance. Hyunjoo’s areas of expertise include career and leadership development. Hyunjoo has authored a career coaching book; co-authored a group coaching book and co-published a workbook of human-rights in business for Korea Human Rights Foundation.
Hyunjoo completed her Professional Certified Corporate Coach (PCCP, ACTP International Coach Federation) in 2015 and is also certified as a Professional Coach by the Korea Coach Association since 2011. She received her BA from Korea University with Statistics major and MBA from the University of Calgary in Canada. In 2018, she earned BA in Counseling Psychology to help coaching practice.
Hyunjoo’s native language is Korean, and she is fluent in English.
- Bring greater emotional intelligence to lead others effectively. Be more assertive and increase self-confidence to move forward faster. Identify and clear non-conscious blocks that lead to self-defeating behaviors and limited performance. Identify and leverage natural talent (Strengths) to accelerate a leader’s impact through greater authenticity.
- Increase conversational impact as a leader. Effectively understand conflict styles and strategies to deal with conflict.
- Increase team effectiveness by building trust, productive conflict, strong commitment, and accountability with a laser focus on results needed (5 Functions of A Team).
TYPES OF PROGRAMS DELIVERED
- Executive 1:1 Coaching
- Team Coaching
- Group Coaching
- Communication Skill Building Workshops
- Assessment Debriefing
Education and Certifications
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coaching Federation
- Korea Professional Coach (KPC), Korea Coach Association
- Vocational Counselor, National Technical Qualification, Republic of Korea
- Accelerated Strength Coaching Certificate, Gallup
- Forte Expert, The Forté Institute
- Harrison Assessments – Debriefing and Coaching, Harrison Assessments Int’l
- Team Coaching Practitioner, EMCC WBECS/GTCI
- Korea University, Bachelor of Arts, Statistics
- University of Calgary, MBA, Marketing
- Korea University, AMP (Advanced Management Program) certificate
- Seoul Cyber University, Bachelor of Arts, Counseling Psychology
Experience with Clients
- Samsung Group Academy and affiliates (including Samsung Electronics)
- LG Group Academy and affiliates (including LG Electronics)
- Hyundai Motors Group Academy and affiliates (including Hyundai Motors)
- SK Group Academy (including SK Telecom)
- Hanwha Group Academy
- Global company’s Korea affiliates (including Pfizer, Bayer, LVMH, ASML, PWC Samil, MET Life, Yuhan Kimberly, etc)
CLIENT: C-Suite Executive
THE NEED: Client came to Hyunjoo to help address weaknesses in the areas of public speaking RESULT: Hyunjoo helped this client identify the cause of lower confidence which was showing up in public speaking. With this higher self-awareness, Hyunjoo not only helped this client to identify, confront, and remove the obstacles that were holding the client back in practicing leadership but also to achieve a successful on-boarding with his expat assignment.