Alejandro is a hands-on, people-focused consultant who thrives on the concept of helping people identify and optimize their strengths in order to achieve larger organizational objectives. He and his team focus on providing our clients with the best solutions to operational challenges in several areas: Strategic Communications, Leadership Training & Development, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion adoption and Continuous Improvement Process Design work.
Alejandro is a Certified Strengths Coach and utilizes Clifton Strengths® model to organize his approach to placing equity, diversity and inclusion at the center of strategic and operational planning discussions for clients. He works with clients to understand the connections between how the language of strengths can be operationalized within a team’s culture, and the value proposition that just and equitable behavior offer organizations. Specifically, he has carved out a unique area of practice that uses Clifton Strengths® to leverage equity, diversity and inclusion in order to improve organizational performance.
- Build interdependent team cultures by coaching clients to identify, validate and activate their Strengths
- Enhance employee candidature evaluations by teaching the use of the S.T.A.R. Methodology of Behavioral Interviewing
- Develop Balanced Scorecard systems and other measurable pre-specification documentation for process development
- Promote Adult Development work, focusing on Subject-Object Distancing for Leaders
- Use of After Action Review tools to better understand obstacles, threats and opportunities for process improvement
- Lead multiple trainings of non-English speaking clients in Spanish
- THE TYPE OF PROGRAMS DELIVERED
- Created, developed, produced and delivered 12 part webinar series entitled Using Clifton Strengths to Leverage Equity, Diversity & Inclusion for the state of California
- Delivered customized anti-racism leadership training entitled Elephant in the Room to address systemic racism and inequities to healthcare executives
- Facilitate annul full-day training equity, diversity and inclusion for OPRF Leadership Lab cohorts
Education and Certificates
- Certified Clifton StrengthsFinder® Coach
- Executive Leadership Coach
- Employee Engagement Coach
- Certified Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement Process Design – Yellow Belt
- Certified Lewis Method Deep Democracy Facilitation
- Building Racial Equity Workshop Certified Facilitator (Race Forward/Center for Social Inclusion – Racial Justice Trainings)
- Executive Coach – Leadership Lab (Oak Park-River Forest Community Foundation – Oak Park, IL)
- Detroit Regional Chamber Leadership Program Facilitator
- Bachelor of Arts – Political Science, Howard University, Washington, D.C.
- Executive Master of Business Administration, Howard University, Washington, D.C.
Experience with Clients
- 34 Strong LLC
- American Licorice Company
- Argentina Commission of Atomic Energy
- California Department of Public Health
- Chicago Public Media
- DTE Energy
- Exelon Corp
- Illinois Action For Children
- Mas Que Salud Non-Governmental Organization
- PASO – West Suburban Action Project (Chicago)
- Riveredge Hospital (Forest Park, IL)
- State of California’s Contact Tracing Program (California Connected)
CLIENT: State-wide Early Childhood Development Department
THE NEED: Client approached Alejandro to deliver monthly racial equity trainings for the organization’s Early Childhood Development Program Managers, who were running into problems connecting with the communities they served.
RESULT: Alejandro developed a series of eight half-day trainings that walked the leaders through the importance of concepts like Systems Change Thinking, Structural vs. Systemic Racism and the role of Integrity in Leadership. Over the life of the course, the participants were able to improve connections with community members in a way that was more empathetic and collaborative. “Overall, the sessions were great. I loved the breakout groups and how relational the speaker was. The topics were very relational to my current work of striving towards creating an Early Childhood Collaboration in my area.”