Frequently Asked Questions
We built Churchill to serve clients with a global and local footprint and who need a long-term partner who can solve a variety of their leadership and team problems over time. Not all coaches deliver all solutions. We specialize and bring you the best, right experts based on your current needs.
The Churchill corporation is based in Florida. Our coaches are located in all inhabited continents. Our clients are usually North America-based with leaders and teams across the globe. We can serve global clients with scalable solutions to meet their diverse regional and cultural needs.
A variety of ways depending on the coach’s specialty. Our Executive Coaching is accredited through the International Coaching Federation (ICF), and/or an international equivalent. In addition, our coaches each have multiple individual specialty certifications and licenses. Some examples include Team Performance Coach, Conversational Intelligence® Coach, CliftonStrengths®, Innovation, Emotional Intelligence, and Change Management Coach, and many more.
We do! Churchill works with each client to tailor the solution to their developmental need(s), accommodating schedules, locations and ways of working preferences. Flexibility is one of the reasons our clients partner with us long-term!
Each solution is already built, then tailored to the unique need of each client. Each is globally scalable plus delivered in person, virtually or a blend. Most solutions include our strengths-accelerated methodology:
- Executive Coaching for your One-Off Needs or as a Managed Service
- Manager Effectiveness 1.0 and 2.0
- Building a Coaching Culture and Capability (Leader as Great Coach)
- Team Coaching for Performance
- Team Bonding for Performance
- Overcoming the 5 Dysfunctions of a Team
- Team Accelerator
To complement the above services we provide a suite of assessments including:
- A variety of 360s – qualitative interviews and online
- Insights Discovery®
- Conversational Intelligence®
- Q12 for employee engagement
- PROSCI® change management
- Herman Brain
- TKI® Conflict Management
- Team Coaching International
- Dysfunctions of a Team and many more…
See our services page for more specifics and/or please contact us to explore your unique needs.
Great question. We have a variety of commonly asked for programs that can be tailored or “off-the-shelf.” Examples include StrengthsFinder®, Myers-Briggs, Insight Discovery®, DISC®, 5 Dysfunctions of a Team, Q12 employee engagement, Change Management and Strategic Planning.
Although they are “off-the-shelf,” rest assured, each of these is still delivered to your organization, leaders and teams in a way that is aligned to their desired outcome(s). So there is still a degree of tailoring that goes on, even if it is minor. Our Churchill team believes that each client is unique so we meet you where you are! For more on our tailored programs please see our services page for more specifics and/or please contact us to explore your unique needs.
About Our Coaching Programs
Churchill offers 6 types to corporate and government agencies:
- Leader As Great Coach: to build internal coaching capability for your leaders
- Executive Coaching for your one-off needs: for senior leaders and high potential leaders
- Executive Coaching As A Managed Service: Supporting you strategically to maximize your larger Executive Coaching needs and measuring ROI
- ICF Coaching Certification
- Team Coaching: to accelerate team performance, for a variety of team types
- Coaching Corner: providing an onsite coach(s) to support the ad hoc and “in the moment” coaching needs of your people
- Group Coaching: A cohort approach tailored to your need
- Coaching to complement and support your leadership program
It depends on the type of need and engagement chosen. It can vary from 3 to 12 months, typically Executive Coaching is for 6 months.
It is usually as early as the first coaching session! Churchill is focused on outcomes and sustainable positive change. Quick wins happen after the initial planning, goal setting, and assessment phases of coaching. Even during the planning phase coachee’s gain valuable insight for positive change. Progress should be consistent and results grow from there. We build in multiple ways to measure success so that we all know it is working. Our coaching programs are true partnerships so that we can deliver on the expectations of all involved: The coachee, sponsors, and your organization.
Great question! There are several answers to this:
- A leader or high potential employee who you have identified as needing accelerated growth and needs to build stronger leadership capability so that they can positively impact your business.
- A leader in transition, such as taking on a new bigger role, and you want to set them up for success by enhancing the effectiveness of that critical change.
- A valued leader who has hit a roadblock and/or is showing behavior that is creating issues, or might, if left to continue.
It varies by engagement length, components of the engagement, the coach chosen, location, and level of the leader being coached. Typically one on one Executive Coaching ranges from $12k and up.
For fees on Churchill’s other coaching programs and to have a specific proposal for your unique need please contact us.
There are real factors that could put coaching at risk: Coachees saying they are coachable but are not, have a lack of motivation, hold unrealistic expectations of what coaching is, are not committed to doing the work, and/or lack of on the job feedback or support from sponsors and stakeholders as they practice the learnings. Churchill works with you upfront to determine if coaching is the right solution – we have clear Rules of Engagement that each coachee reviews and signs with their coach to align expectations at the start of the engagement.
Another risk is with the Executive Coach – Coachee relationship. If the coach lacks the right experience, expertise, and techniques, cultural sensitivity, insufficient empathy, or struggles to hold a coachee accountable, the Executive Coaching experience can be jeopardized. We proactively mitigate that risk by helping you choose your Churchill coach(s) wisely – we have a proven methodology to match the right coach to your need.
About Leadership Development
Churchill offers clients 3 approaches to develop leadership skills with clients:
1) Is through a group learning environment with our Manager Effectiveness program for people leaders – new or tenured.
2) Leader as Great Coach where leaders learn how to coach and when to coach – Because most organizations recognize that great leaders are great coaches!
3) Executive Coaching for specific leadership development goals. Or as a cohort group with incorporated peer-to-peer coaching.
A high impact leadership development program should include the following critical success factors:
- Clarity and communication about the purpose to the organization and expectations for participants
- A clear roadmap that delivers the positive change you wish to see – relevant to role and your business
- Proven change management principals and a way to mitigate risk
- Executive sponsorship, hands-on support and role modeling
- A blended experiential learning journey that is based on adult learning principles with expert support and high participant accountability – to include teaching, reflection, and discussion, feedback and coaching, peer-peer support, demonstrations, case studies, simulations, and plenty of relevant real-time practice.
- A pilot to pressure test assumptions
- Flexible delivery to meet the needs of the business
- Multiple ways to measure success
- A plan to ensure the learnings are sustainable
- The ability to scale and evolve the program if needed i.e. across geographies, languages, and types/levels of leaders
About Team Performance
Great question! Here are some of Churchill’s differentiators that our clients tell us they appreciate:
- We customize each team performance program to a team’s unique needs. That includes a highly effective discovery session(s) to define the current and desired state of the team, assessments to measure baseline and progress, and the right blend of team coaching, individual coaching and training.
- We use a “system’s approach” to build awareness for the team to what is really going on with them in terms of how they interact and what they are doing and not doing, or tolerating. Sounds simple? In reality the team is so in the weeds “doing” and “being” that they are not aware of what repeated patterns are helping and hindering them.
- We use a variety of assessments, depending on the team’s current and desired state. A popular one is the TCI suite of assessments, where we measure 14 factors of Team Productivity and Positivity. This accurately pin points the areas in which a team needs to focus on first to make the best progress towards the team goals.
- We align team development with your business performance – ie KPIs.
- We take a strengths approach to ensure we help harness the individual and collective diverse untapped talent on your team.
If your successful team is consistently and sustainably hitting its performance goals year after year, and doing so in a way that it’s team members and the employees that report to them are highly engaged and retained, then you may not need Churchill’s help.
If not, please contact us to explore where we can partner to help you achieve more sustainable growth and performance.
Remember that your most effective leaders and teams are often the most hungry to grow and need to be challenged and stretched!
Stay In Touch